Vai indietro   Forum Modellismo.net > Categoria Statico > Statico Work in Progress
Registrazione FAQ Mercatino Community Calendario
Rispondi

Strumenti della discussione
Vecchio 10-12-09, 06:43 AM   #1
Utente Junior

ALEX GAROLI è un newbie...
predefinito [moto] honda rcv212v "street" conversion

Hi there, here is my next "quick" proyect:

I was looking in the internet for the New-Ray Nicky Haydens Honda rc212v #1, but is is on sale only in a frenck website, in Ebay I just found the Tony Elias one, so I ordered it, but I dont like the colors, I wanted it to modify, because I found this picture:

As usually I made some sketches to explore options, I want a bike in factory colors, like a presentation bike, usually honda make it in red, like when they introduce the rc211v, here is the sketches with some modifications like the rear number plate below the seat, dont pay attention to mirrors and turn lights, I didnt erase them fron the sketches:

Here is option two, I didnt like it because in black the shapes of the fairing are lost, you cant apreciate them:

And number three, I like the most, is original:

I dont decide yet wich one to make, and I dont know if I should try make the street version like in the picture from internet.
Give some advise what would be better.
The fist thing to do is preparem to apply primer and explore what to improve in the interior:

It really looks like a toy, lets make it look better.
ALEX GAROLI non è in linea   Rispondi quotando
Vecchio 10-12-09, 06:45 AM   #2
Utente Junior

predefinito

Here in Mexico is really hard to find tamiya models, or recent tamiya models, I have got the fzr1000, the rc30, the ducati 888, harleys, etc, the only recent bike I got is the rossis honda rc211v valencia, and somebody got the ducati desmosedici 2004 before me, and I have really little time to model so it would be really long to complete a tamiya model, so I easilly get new-ray bikes and make express modificatios.

You are right about the lights, I was thinkin in only doing a paint job, but if I really want to modify the bike I have to take the chalenge, Ill try to make it just like it is in the picture, I was lookind in my 1/12 junkyard and I found the right pieces for this purpuse, they came from different ducatis:

So this is the work I have to do:

Ill get the tires from a ducati 999 I just finished, and I have to modify the ducati 916 headlight to make it sharper.
If you have some advice, welcome, or some ideas, like heat walls or mesh grilles, bike stand, etc.
I havent decided if paint it red or white.
Thanks
Here is the front fairing, Im figuring out how to make the light housing, I guess with a rotatory tool with a really thin drill.

And here is the piece to make the numberplate a little bit bigger:

I have two final options:

Vecchio 10-12-09, 06:46 AM   #3
Utente Junior

predefinito

Here is some work, I added some putty to the numberplate extension and aplly primer:

Here is the pattern to cut the holes for the headlights:

I used dremel to shape the light holes:

I did a preview build to see how thing are, the numberplate extension looks good:

As you can see I already got the street tires, I got these from a ducati I built some months ago, and I wanted slicks for that bike, so the change really worked for me:

Now I have to see how to attach the stop light, in the 2007 cbr the light was white, with leds, but as the rc212v is suposed to be unvelied in 2007 as a race bike, the street bike would be 2008, and in this year the cbr 1000rr uses a red lght again, so Ill use a red light simulating leds, the stop in the cbr is hided below the tail sharp shape:

I was missing some points, this is supposed to be a street bike, so Its going to need a silencer, so I added a little one, just to "reduce" some noise and fire:

And I need a bike stand, a bike leg, there is not much space because the big fairing, so I drilled a hole in the fairing itself and ill make a support in the inside to the frame:

Now I have to make the shape of the lights with a 998 units and housing:
Vecchio 10-12-09, 06:48 AM   #4
Utente Junior

predefinito

Hi. I polished the frame mirror finish, and added a vinyl sticker like in the rest of rc212v, and I made carbon fiber pattern graphics:

I starded with another layer of primer and then the black parts, then, painted rims and fenders:

Basic paint and modifications are ready:

Here begins the re-building:

Details dont seem to be a lot but I re-paint everything, pegs, engine, black parts, etc.
Here is almost done. it looks more agressive than I tought:

Vecchio 10-12-09, 06:51 AM   #5
Utente Junior

predefinito

Some details, headlights, led rear ligth, exhaust tips...

I cant help watching it all day from every angle, love this bike.

Some comparative images, what it was, what it is...

I tried to make it the closest look to the picture, I added the black front end between the head lights because looks more agresve, like the rc211v prototype, I also added numberplates in the tail body, with the "800 cc" legend, I hope you lke the result.
This is the honda equivalent to the desmosedici RR, Im tinking my next proyect could be transforming the 2004 desmosedici go to the street legal desmosedici RR.
It would be a work like this.

And here is the bike in my "customized bike shelf", it surely thank for it new item.
Rispondi